Thursday, October 27, 2011

God is?????

 So, I've been reading A.W. Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy", and it is really changing my perspective on some things that have really been tugging at my heart. But mostly, I am beginning to not only find new reverence in God, but also desiring to know more of His character and who He is. Now, as far as ever knowing exactly who He is, that is not going to happen in this life, or possibly ever for that matter. Though we are made in His image and likeness, or should I say Adam was made in His image and likeness, we are now a "fallen" image, or perhaps a distorted copy of a copy at best. So, through prayer and some revelation I have come to realize that the more I seek Him, the more I find Him, His presence that is. But, it is in His presence I have come to realize, that He will reveal His attributes to us.
 I had intended to ask God to begin to define clearly his attributes to me, at least those that he desires me to know. But before I could even get the question out He revealed a simple and small truth me that I have read several times and yet have not grasped the concept fully myself. But in Proverbs 1:7 says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...". I read that again this morning and it all clicked! Instantly my prayer changed, and I began to ask God for something entirely new. You see, until today one of my prayers has been for a new fire and passion in the church, and for the church to rise up in this time and begin to shine a light. I have been asking God for a movement for Him like non other that has been seen before, that this generation, that this nation would again put God at the head and in the forefront of everything. But you see, there is something missing in the church right now. God has become a convenience, the church is no longer mesmerized by Him, we the church have lost our awe, and our reverence of God. We have reduced God to what we want Him to be instead of pursuing Him for who He really is. So, Lord bring back that awe, that reverence. Let the church begin to know you for who you really are. Bring back the fear of the Lord! Bring it back so that we might have knowledge and wisdom that comes from you Lord! Amen!!! You see, if want to see God for who He is, if we want to see a movement, we need wisdom! We need wisdom that comes from God, so we are able to handle the things that will come with the movement. We will have new Christians looking for answers, and just as in the days of Noah, there will be scoffers and people to ridicule those who live for Christ! We will need that wisdom, but first we must have a fear of the Lord, we must be in awe of Him, we must love Him and pursue fervently our relationship with Him! Amen! Be blessed, and may the Lord keep you, and may abide in His presence all of your days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment