Monday, October 10, 2011

Witnessing Fulfillment

 Some time ago, I realized I had a certain way with words. I realized that formulating an idea, and then putting it in words, in writing was not a difficult thing for me. And in my closet, I have some journals that are simply full of mindless ramblings with seemingly no purpose other than to drive someone into depression and sadness. It wasn't long after I realized my way with words, that the Lord almost instantly blocked my access to that untapped talent. The Lord Himself knew that at the time the words I'd use would not glorify Him, nor would it encourage others. So, anytime I  attempted to write, or thought I might be inspired, my access would be denied and nothing ever written.
 Now, and for quite some time now, I have had the urge to just let my mind go. The wonderful and amazing woman that I have the distinct pleasure and honor to call my wife had started to blog a few months back, and that only fueled my urge to write as well as stir up inspiration. But until this past weekend, though inspired, I just didn't feel as though I had been released by the Lord, and I just couldn't find the topic. Then, this past weekend came, the weekend of October 8th, 2011.
 You see, on that day I was able to witness something truly amazing, something that I'm not sure many people get to see. I witnessed fulfillment of dreams. I watched two amazing people unite themselves in marriage, in a scene that was probably the most prophetic scene that I have seen in a long, long time. I watched as the Groom stood there waiting patiently for his bride to come to him. And as I looked, I truly saw in him the representation of both the Father and the Son. I saw a man who has been in this world, tried by this world, yet redeemed and abiding in the Father's love. And the bride, and any who know Margie, truly embodied the role of the bride, yet unselfishly demonstrated the love of Christ when in the moment that was supposed be all her, the moment that every girl dreams of walking down the aisle, she stops to give the grooms daughter a big hug and kiss. So you see, it is only fitting that I draw my inspiration from this. We are taught the fruits of the spirit, and we are quick to name the ones we like; love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfullness; but we always seem to look over patience or how about long-suffering. Long-suffering, that's the one that gets us. But it's one that Mark and Margie Howell know all to well. As their lives are testimony to that. Long-suffering is the fruit that goes with perseverence. I honestly believe that had the Lord come on Saturday, those two would have heard "Well done good and faithful son and daughter". And with that I say to them Congratulations! May the Lord Bless you and keep you! May He lift the light of Countenance upon you!

No comments:

Post a Comment